Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Method to the Madness and a TIP!

I've had a lot of people ask me how to make bows, so to oblige them, I am going to be posting step by step instructions on the madness that is my bow making.

It all started when my oldest daughter, Brooklyn, was born and I was too cheap to buy bows from boutiques, because who are we kidding, $5.00 a pop for a baby bow? No thanks.

My mom introduced me to RABOM, a wholesale ribbon seller, and I've never looked back. They have everything.....ribbon of all lengths, sizes, colors, material; alligator clips, french clips, cards, marabou, and so forth. But I'm warning you now.....once you go in, you may not make it out without a cart full of goodies. Just be sure to tell them I sent you. (*Just Kidding.....they don't know me from Adam, I've just always wanted to say that!)

So here's the deal, gather together your:
  • ribbon (grosgrain, organza, satin, whatever you prefer)
  • hair clips (alligator, two-prong, or french clip)
  • thread (preferably white, but any color will do)
  • clear elastics (I prefer the ones from Sally Beauty Supply)
  • scissors
  • a ruler or measuring tape
  • a hot glue gun and hot melt glue refills
  • cigarette lighter (yeah, weird I know, but it's a must!)
  • and a pen
I'll start working on my instructions and then together we can make some bows!

Check back soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait!